I will be speaking at a two-day conference, Cabinets of Curiosities in the XXI Century, hosted by the Museum of Arts & Crafts and the Museum of Hunting and Nature in Paris. It is a great honor to share the bill with David Wilson, founder of the Museum of Jurassic Technology, and Laurent Le Bon, director of the Musée Picasso, among other esteemed guests.
Based on the dialogue between researchers (anthropologists, historians, sociologists, philosophers), artists and professionals (curators, conservators, documentarians, archivists, administrators), this seminar reveals a new approach to the museum institution, characterized by special attention paid to the practice of "perception", to the imaginary life of objects, and to their modes of exposure.
Tuesday, October 3, from 2 to 6:30 pm, at the Museum of Arts and Crafts, Cnam (conference room), entrance: 60 rue Réaumur, 75003 Paris.
Wednesday, October 4, from 9:30 am to 6 pm, at the Museum of Hunting and Nature (Auditorium), entrance: 62 rue des Archives, 75003 Paris.
REGISTER HERE + FULL PROGRAM
- Yves Winkin, Professor at CNAM, Director, Museum of Arts and Crafts.
- Dominique Poulot, Professor at the University of Paris.
- Catherine Cuenca, General Curator of Heritage, Dep. Director, Museum of Arts and Crafts.
- Maddalena Napolitani, PhD student, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Claude d'Anthenaise, General Curator and Director, Museum of Hunting and Nature.
- Karen Chastagnol, Deputy Curator of the Museum of Hunting and Nature.